SSC FACILITIES AND HOLDINGS
The library is considered the heart of any learning and training institution. A library is believed to be the storehouse of knowledge and source of wisdom. It provides vast collection of books and other sources of information including but not limited to non-print or electronic resources, which are vital in carrying out academic endeavors and research attempts of faculty, staff, and student. To ensure the delivery of quality higher education, Siquijor State College maximizes the use of the entire third floor of the five-story building with spacious and well-ventilated reading area conducive for learning and researching. The College welcomes all forms of reference and instructional materials donations which substantiate its library holdings.
SSC CYBER LABORATORY
In pursuit of academic excellence, Siquijor State College offers an Internet center beside its main library which provides speedy access of voluminous information from cyber web for techno-savvy students, who want immediate results in their quest of wisdom. It has 40 computer units with 10 MB upload and 6 MB download speed.
The Siquijor State College Library caters to the information needs of bonafide students, the faculty and staff, alumni and interlibrary researchers. As an information resource center, the SSC library is manned by a qualified full-time librarian who is assisted by student laborers to assist the users.
HOURS OF SERVICE. The SSC library renders 10 hours of service daily from Monday to Friday and 9 hours on Saturdays while the SSC Cyber Library renders 11 hours of service daily from Monday to Friday and 9 hours on Saturdays.
Regular School Day Schedule (Main Library)
7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturdays
Regular School Day Schedule (Cyber Library)
8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturdays
In carrying out its basic services, the SSC library offers the following services to its clientele:
- assistance at the Information Desk
- Book Borrowing
- CD and Internet Printing
- Library Destiny Manager
- InterLibrary Loan
- Library Exhibits/Reader Interest Display
- Library Guides
- Library Instruction and Orientation
- Reference and Information Service
- Searching and reserving
- Current Awareness
- The Library is mainly for research and study. Eating, chewing bubble gum, smoking, drinking, sleeping, making visual aids, doing industrial work and group problem solving are strictly prohibited.
- Maximum silence must be observed strictly at all times in the library. Idle conversation, loud laughter and other unnecessary noise are strictly prohibited among individuals or groups. The use of mobile phones, beepers or any devices likely to cause disturbance in the library is prohibited. Library users shall turn off or put in a silent mode their mobile phones. When calling or taking a call, library users shall go out of the library and make/take the call in a place where they cannot be heard by those inside the library.
- Books in the reading areas should not be returned to their shelves but placed on the assigned table (to avoid their being misplaced). Exception: Individual volumes belonging to a set such as encyclopedias should be returned to their proper places.
- Order and Cleanliness – Students should return their chairs quietly against the table after using and must not transfer the tables from one place to another. Every library user should help maintain the cleanliness of the library. Before leaving the library, use the provided trash cans in disposing of waste materials. Utmost care shall be taken by all to keep the library clean. .
- At the Control Area – No one is allowed to stand by at the control desk. To give sufficient warning to the library users to be ready for closing time, the library bell shall be rung thrice. The first warning will be made fifteen (15) minutes, the second, ten (10) minutes and the third, five (5) minutes before closing time.
- The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time as the need arises and shall be binding to all concerned.
The Borrower will contact the Library Personnel for the availability of Books through the following:
- Telephone Number: 377-223/377-2222 loc. 115
- Cellphone Number:
- Smart: 09617597675
- Globe: 09561972240
- Email: email@example.com